Only have 10 or 15 minutes to be creative? Try these simple but elegant earrings.
They work up quickly and can be made to go with any outfit from casual to classic.
silver wire (sterling or plated), 20 or 22 ga
4 pearls, 6 mm
2 post-&-ball earring findings
1. Cut 2 pieces of wire, each 2 inches (5 cm) long.
2. Make a loop on the end of one piece of wire.
3. Slide a pearl onto the wire.
4. Using your pliers, make a gentle rounded curve about 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the looped end of the wire. (The gentle curve allows the earring to sway; too tight and the earring dangle remains rigid.)
5. Slide on the earring finding and another pearl.
6. Make a loop on the end of the wire and you’re done!
7. Make the second earring.
Voila! You’re ready to go.
You can design any number of variations. Coloured wire? Crystals? Faceted beads? Different sizes? Hang smaller pearls off the wired loops?
Go wild. Then send me some pics — I’d love to post your designs. 🙂