Our resident robins raised two broods this summer, amid long months of soggy weather. The last batch of young are fledged and on their own now.
I started this necklace about the time Ma Robin was brooding her first clutch. I finally finished it today. She’s obviously a faster worker. Mind you I did a lot between times — I just couldn’t figure out how I wanted to finish it.
The main holdup was the clasp. I knew what I wanted to do but I kept putting it off. I tried some of my own variations but they didn’t work. So I googled “wire wrapped cord” and came up with a site that had just what I needed — a tutorial!
Many thanks to Erin & Eric at Lytha Studios for posting this technique. 😉